Democracy Has Prevailed.

July 31, 2018

My SEVENTY-SECOND Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I can ask about how Michael Cohen is now claiming that Donald Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in which Russians were expected to deliver on some dirt on Hillary Clinton (and if that's the case that means that Trump has been lying to us about it for his entire presidency) or I can ask about how there are still hundreds of children separated from their parents by Trump's ICE (what sort of civilized society does this to children?) or I can ask about how Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court, Brett M. Kavanaugh, was involved in the infamous "torture memos" used a decade and a half ago to justify torture (and torture is a war crime, Senator).

Your choice, Senator. Trump is the head of your party. You voted for him. You've given him political cover. These problems are now your problems. If you're not denouncing his corruption, you're complicit in it.

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Your choice, Senator. Trump is the head of your party. You voted for him. You've given him political cover. These problems are now your problems. If you're not denouncing his corruption, you're complicit in it.
Why it worked for the Democrats with arming Mexican Drug cartels to justify 90% of Mexican guns come from the US and sending the IRS after their Politician opponents.

But they had the media cover for them.