Democracy Has Prevailed.

January 30, 2018

My FORTY-SIXTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I'd like to ask you again about Special Counsel Robert Mueller. I've written to you about him before. I have to ask you again as it's very very important to the health of our democracy.

As you know, it's been reported recently that Donald Trump ordered the firing of Robert Mueller, the man investigating Russian meddling in the election that gave Trump (and the GOP) The White House. Trump backed off when his White House counsel, Donald F McGahn - a loyal Trump appointee, refused to carry out that order.

Coincidentally, that same month you responded to one of my previous letters writing that you had, "every confidence that Robert Mueller will execute [his] responsibilities with integrity and professionalism."

I asked you last December what you would do if Trump tried to fire Mueller.

Here's my question: Now that we know that Trump has already tried to end it, do you support legislation protecting Mueller's investigation?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: