Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 16, 2018

My EIGHTY-THIRD Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Recently, Donald Trump referred to Democrats as an "angry mob" and "unhinged" and "too dangerous to govern."

Very simple question this week: given that about four million of your constituents are, in fact, members of the Democratic party, do you agree with this assessment? Please note that I am not asking you whether you think it's a good idea for him to say it or whether his rhetoric has gotten out of hand, I am just asking if you agree with him - seeing as he's insulted a very large portion of your constituents.

Oh, and The NYTimes is reporting that the deficit jumped 18% in 2018 due, in large part, to the tax cuts you and your party passed. I thought the GOP took the budget seriously. I suppose now that your guy is in the Oval Office that's no longer the case - your thoughts?.

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

2 comments:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

I remember Democrats referred to "teabaggers" as an "angry mob" and "unhinged" and "too dangerous to govern."

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/10/11/awkward-noah-rothman-busts-media-hypocrites-for-their-newfound-aversion-to-the-m-word/

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

HA HA HA
Mark Salvas, the former executive director of the Allegheny County Democratic Party, told Pittsburgh’s KDKA News that the county party chair asked him to resign after just weeks on the job.

Salvas, a former Marine and Gulf War veteran, told KDKA that his forced departure was prompted by two social media posts, including one photo of him and his wife with the words: “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/411385-pennsylvania-dem-forced-to-resign-from-local-party-over-stand-for-the