Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 23, 2018

My EIGHTY-FOURTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Recently your colleague Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that "entitlement changes ... is the real driver of the debt by any objective standard" (even though that's not true, as Ronald Reagan said in 1984) and then hinted at cutting entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare.

He said this the same week the Treasury Department announced a huge deficit - caused by, as we both know, the tax-cut your party pushed through Congress.

Simple question this week, Senator: Is that your plan? To pay for your trillion dollar tax cut by cutting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid?

Your constituents have a right to know.

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: