Democracy Has Prevailed.

September 18, 2018

My SEVENTY-NINTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

As the Kavanaugh story is still on going (with the new twist of an alleged teenage sexual assault thrown in) I think I'll let that one play out before asking you (again) about it.

I'd like to ask you about Donald Trump's recent twitter comments about Hurricane Maria's victims in Puerto Rico. He tweeted that the numbers were inflated "by the Democrats" to make him look bad - a blatant untruth.

If he knows it's not true and tweets it anyway, he's a simply liar. If he doesn't know it's true (even though it came from a nonpartisan study from researchers at George Washington University) and tweets it anyway, he's simply ignorant - too ignorant to govern.

My question: How many more of these do you have to read for you to stop supporting this president and this administration? The list is getting very long, Senator. The longer you fail to denounce, the more entwined you are in Trump's moral corruption.

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Where can I find the list of people killed by Hurricane Maria with the cause of death?

Because sepsis , pneumonia, emphysema , diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's deaths that occur in the 1-6 months after the event are directly caused by Hurricanes.

Betting the Study includes every death that occurred during Hurricane Maria and the 6 months afterwards regardless of cause or how little it was the result of the Hurricane.