Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 30, 2018

My EIGHTY-FIFTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Donald Trump continues to call the press "the enemy of the people." This, even after one of his most fervent supporters, sent a pipe bomb to CNN.

I've asked you this before, Senator, but let me ask you again.

Is the press (and let's all remember that the press is constitutionally protected) really "the enemy of the people" like he says?

He has said it. Numerous times. Maybe even in your presence. Do you or don't you agree with him? It's a simple question, Senator.

I suspect that you, like all defenders of freedom, disagree with Trump on this. If that is the case, then why are you not denouncing him every time he attacks the press? Isn't our democracy worth it?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: