Democracy Has Prevailed.

June 11, 2019

My HUNDRED AND TWELFTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Recently the Congressional Research Service released a report seems to debunk many of the claims that you frequently raise regarding the 2017 tax cut. In fact the report itself says that there was little, if any "first year effect" on the economy.

The cuts did not pay for themselves as claimed. And it certainly looks as if they benefited large corporations, who saw the corporate tax rate nearly halved while (and I am quoting the report here to make sure I get it right) "individual income taxes as a percentage of personal income fell slightly from 9.6% to 9.2%."

Yet your statement on the tax cut said "we lowered the tax burden on hardworking individuals and families." But the CRS certainly says otherwise.

Will you be offering Pennsylvania's tax payers an apology anytime soon? Or how about an explanation as to why and how you got it so wrong? Just tell me: Was delivering large tax cuts for large corporations while not delivering on promises given to individual taxpayers the plan all along?

Your thoughts?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.


Follow-up:

No comments: