Democracy Has Prevailed.

March 12, 2019

My NINETY-NINTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I'd like to ask you about Trump's budget, which he unveiled this week. The Washington Post is reporting that it includes a reduction of $845 billion over ten years.

Didn't candidate Trump promise not to cut medicare? (Yes, he did.)

USAToday is reporting that his budget will add $4.8 trillion to the deficit over 5 years.

Didn't candidate Trump promise to eliminate the deficit? (Yes, he did.)

Senator, the pushback among conservatives who support Trump these days is that aside from all the noise, at least he's fulfilling his campaign promises. But given these two huge campaign promise breaks, why are you still supporting him?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: