Democracy Has Prevailed.

August 20, 2019

My HUNDRED AND TWENTY-SECOND Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Senator, I've asked previously about this administration's immigration policy and I have to ask about it again.

Recently it was reported that an early August ICE raid in Clarion, Mississippi netted a mother of three children (all American citizens, thanks to the 14th Amendment) while she was getting off work at a Koch Foods plant. Her youngest is 4 months old - breastfeeding age.

The woman had been working at the plant for 4 years, It's also been reported that  employers at some of the raided plants knew they;d hired undocumented immigrants - a violation of the law. While the workers have been arrested, so far the employers have not.

Simple question: Doesn't the cruelty of this situation bother you? Is this America to you?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.


Follow-up:

No comments: