Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 8, 2019

My HUNDRED AND TWENTY-NINTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Impeachment inquiries are back in the news.

We all know the details. He asked a foreign country (Ukraine) for "a favor" and that favor was help regarding his own political future. He admitted to it. He's on tape hoping yet another country (China) will do him that same favor.

You've said that the call to Ukraine was inappropriate but not impeachable. So let me ask, at what point would this become impeachable? How much more of the Constitution will he have to ignore for you to stop supporting him?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"He asked a foreign country (Ukraine) for "a favor" and that favor was help regarding his own political future. He admitted to it."


Is that a fact? I'd like to see the quote of him saying "I asked a foreign country for help regarding my own political future". And if you can't, then I'd like you to admit that you made it up.

Also, wouldn't you like to find out if a likely contender in your party primaries was involved in a blatant, pay-to-play, act of corruption, in that foreign country?

Thanks.