Democracy Has Prevailed.

August 6, 2019

My HUNDRED AND TWENTIETH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Senator, I was going to ask about your recent vote on the budget (how you voted against it, citing the growing deficit, but you voted in favor of the Trump tax cut, which ballooned it) but sadly I find I have to ask you, yet again, about Donald Trump, the leader of your political party.

I'll ask you straight out: Considering the events of the past week or so and considering how similar Trump's rhetoric is to the El Paso shooter's posted rant (that Mexicans are "invading" the country and so forth), do you think Donald Trump is a racist?

I'll write that in all caps so as to emphasize the importance of the question:

DO YOU THINK DONALD TRUMP IS A RACIST?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.


Follow-up:

No comments: