Democracy Has Prevailed.

August 13, 2019

My HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIRST Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Senator, Donald Trump recently retweeted a ridiculous conspiracy theory linking the death of accused sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein (then in the custody of his Department of Justice) with a one-time presidential rival and her husband, a former president of the United States of America.

First off (and this is important), do you believe the theory?

If you do not then do you think it's appropriate presidential behavior to use Roosevelt's "bully pulpit" to push such dangerous ridiculousness into 60 million twitter feeds?

Don't you think Donald Trump has a responsibility to tell the truth to the American people? And if he believes the conspiracy theory to be true isn't that, in itself, a serious threat to American society?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.


Follow-up:

No comments: