Democracy Has Prevailed.

August 27, 2019

My HUNDRED AND TWENTY-THIRD Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Recently, Donald Trump proposed that the next G-7 summit to be held at his golf resort in Florida.

How is this not a violation of the Emoluments Claus of the Constitution?

And even if it weren't a direct pitch but rather an impromptu advertisement by the president for the resort to the public at large, how is that any better?

How can you still support this administration?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.


Follow-up:

No comments: